www.davidsollars.com YouthMax Program: Developing a Positive Self-Image
John Maxwell Team Youth Leadership
When young people are challenged to grow and become leaders, they respond. YouthMAX provides both the challenge and guidance, showing how they can improve their lives and positively influence their peers.
Helping Youth Help Themselves and Others
Bullying, failure, low self-image, and poor character decisions are at the heart of many of the challenges facing young people today. John Maxwell and the John Maxwell Team have decided to do something about it. YouthMAX gives John Maxwell Team members an opportunity to serve youth and youth organizations in their communities by helping youth grow and develop to meet the challenges of life in today’s changing world.
Stand Up and Be Counted – Learn positive attitudes and actions that will help stop bullying and lift others up.
This lesson teaches youth how to deal with bullying in a positive, affirming way:
• Stand Up — Be confident in your own value.
• Lift Up — Use your influence to help others.
• Pick Up — Help others who are being bullied by picking them up.
Developing a Positive Self-Image – Understand and apply key ways to develop and maintain a positive self-image.
Developing a Positive Self-Image teaches youth that we all are unique and have high value to others. With this in mind we can build personal confidence and develop daily habits that will help youth maintain a positive self-image.
Developing Strong Personal Character – Learn what it takes to develop strong and effective personal character.
According to John Maxwell, character is the number one differentiator between shooting stars and people who obtain and maintain life-long success. His lesson Developing Personal Character teaches youth how to choose positive character based daily decisions that will help bring their actions and values in line and help them learn to achieve lasting personal success.
Learning to Fail Forward to Success – Learn powerful, proven ways to look at failure in a new way and use life’s failures to build success.
John Maxwell’s lesson, Learning to Fail Forward to Success, teaches that failure is the foundation for all success. This lesson helps youth understand how to learn from failure, change, and grow toward success.
To change the world by inspiring and equipping young people to lead themselves and others with character, mutual respect and integrity.
• YouthMAX is a leadership event week designed to give today’s young people practical tools and ideas to help them navigate life in four key areas: Stand Up & Be Counted (Stop Bullying), Learning to Fail Forward to Success, Developing a Positive Self-Image and Developing Strong Personal Character.
• John Maxwell’s lesson Stand Up & Be Counted teaches three ways to deal with bullying in a positive, affirming way: Stand Up — Be confident in your own value, Lift Up — Use your influence to help others and Pick Up — Help others who are being bullied by picking them up.
• John Maxwell’s lesson Learning to Fail Forward to Success teaches that failure is the foundation for all success and helps youth understand how to learn from failure, change and grow toward success.
• John Maxwell’s lesson Developing a Positive Self-Image teaches both the value of confidence and practical ways to develop and maintain a positive self-image.
• John Maxwell’s lesson Developing Strong Personal Character teaches how to choose positive daily decisions that will help youth align their actions with their values and learn to achieve lasting personal success.
To inquire about booking a YouthMax program for your organization, please contact david Sollars at www.davidsollars.com